Time for our final meetup of the year, we’ll be at the ODI Node in Leeds on Wednesday 20th November for a night of DevOps enlightenment.
- 6:45 - 7:15 : Doors open, have a chat, make some new devops friends
- 7:15 - 7:25 : Group updates/news/announcements
- 7:25 - 8:05 : TBC
- 8:05 - 8:20 : Intermission
- 8:20 - 9:00 : 10 Years of DevOps Panel
- 9:00 - late : Social
We’re looking to announce our first speaker soon (stay tuned), but for the main event we have a terrific lineup for a Panel discussion.
Last month saw the 10th aniversary DevOpsDays conference in Ghent, tonight we’re going to be asking a panel of DevOps experts their thoughts and opinions on the past, present and future of DevOps. Our panel includes:
- Sophie Weston - DevOps Advocate at Piksel, Ambassador for Women In Tech York, Co-organiser of DevOpsDays London.
- Ivor Caldwell - Engineering Practice Lead at Infinity Works, Delivery and operations-focused technical leader.
- Pauline Narvas - Digital Engineering Graduate at BT, advocate for tech diversity, top 25 under 30 in tech & entrepreneurship.
- Ian Watson - Senior Manager, Cloud Platform & DevOps at Burberry.
First Time Attendees
Here at LeedsDevops we understand that coming along to your first meetup can be an anxious experience, walking into a large room full of people might be daunting. So when you arrive at the meetup we’ll have an additional small room for new attendees to make friends with other first time attendees. Then shortly before the start we’ll show you into the main room helping make the whole experience less intimidating (but honestly there’s nothing to worry about the LeedsDevops crowd is a friendly bunch). We’ll also use this room as a quiet space between the talk for those that don’t want to join the discussion.
We’re continuing to expand the range of refreshments on offer, there will be a wide range of quality soft drinks, teas and coffees, water, craft beer, cider and wine - a massive thanks to our sponsors Infinity Works for their continued support and sponsorship.
The ODI Node Leeds is situated at Munro House, on Duke Street. If you want to find out more about the ODI details can be found at http://theodi.org/nodes/leeds
Code Of Conduct
Please note that we have an anti harassment policy and code of conduct in order to support the inclusive nature of the meetup. All attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers at any LeedsDevops event are required to agree with the code of conduct.