It's time to celebrate our second anniversary, this month we'll be at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel on Thursday 22nd October 2015. After the success of our "Devoops" panel earlier this year we decided to have another panel discussion, but this time about configuration management tools.
- 6:30 - 7:00 : Registration
- 7:00 - 7:15 : Introduction/Welcome/Group updates
- 7:15 - 7:30 : Introducing Code Club - Linda Broughton
- 7:30 - 8:00 : Devops Teams - Matt Skelton
- 8:00 - 8:15 : Intermission
- 8:15 - 9:00 : The Configuration Management Shootout Panel
- 9:00 - late : Decamp to The Hop
We'll start the evening with a short talk from Linda Broughton on the fantastic work Code Club have been doing in schools to get kids into coding. Next up is someone we have been trying to get to talk at Leeds Devops for ages and he's finally given into our nagging, Matt Skelton will be talking about Devops team structures - this may involve some audience participation and the use of hats.
We end the evening with our Configuration Management Shootout panel, we've assembled a group of evangelists, doers and really smart people to answer questions, we're delighted to introduce our panel:
- Alex Manly - Solutions Architect at Chef
- Mark Phillips - Director of Business Development Ansible Inc
- David Collom - Software Developer William Hill
- Gavin Harris - Principal Engineer SkyBet
- Stephen Melrose - Freelance Developer
- John Leach - Co-Founder of BrightBox
Our panel will discuss a series of questions on using configuration management tools, we'll be starting with the basics and working our way up to the complexities of software defined data centres (and everything in between).
We’re also pleased to announce that our sponsors Infinity Works will be providing us with refreshments for the evening.
DoubleTree by Hilton is located at Granary Wharf near Leeds rail station more details here
Tickets are free and are available over on eventbrite or meetup.com