After our Winter break we’re pleased to announce that this month we’ll be back at the Open Data Institute Leeds Node on Tuesday 10th March 2015. Instead of our usual two talk format the evening will comprise of a single talk and in a change to previous months a panel discussion.
- 6:45 - 7:15 : Grab a beer, have a natter.
- 7:15 - 7:30 : Group updates/news/announcements
- 7:30 - 8:00 : Wes Thompson will be talking about how Reconnix use docker
- 8:00 - 8:15 : Intermission
- 8:15 - 9:00 : “DevOops - Real Lessons Learned”
- 9:00 - late : Decamp to the Wardrobe
We’re thrilled to have Wes talk about how Reconnix use docker in their development and how they use it in production to run legacy code, going to be great to hear about it’s pros and cons. Rather than a second talk we decided to do something a little different and have a panel of local industry experts share their wisdom during “DevOops - Real Lessons Learned”. So far we’ve had managed to persuade…
- Clem Pickering - Head of Testing, Desing and Methodology at Callcredit Information Group
- Peter Larfin - Chief Data Scientist, Bloom Agancy
- Lorna Mittchel - PHP guru, Conference Speaker and Oreilly author
- Steve Trapps - Freelance Scrum Master and .net Technical Architect
- Rob Tuley - Head of Core Technology, SkyBet
- Ash Winter - Tester and Problem Solver
We’re also super excited to announce that the ODI and BrightBox have agreed to sponsor the evening, so there will be a generously stocked bar.
The ODI Node Leeds is situated at Munro house, on Duke Street (not too far from the Adelphi). If you want to find out more about the ODI the details can be found at http://theodi.org/nodes/leeds
Tickets are free and are available over on eventbrite or meetup.com