We're extremely flattered and excited that our friends at chef have donated a place on their upcoming Chef Fundamentals Workshop as a prize at our meetup tomorrow. The training is worth a £1000 and is two day instructor-taught training teaching you how to write infrastructure code in chef.
- Overview of Chef
- Workstation Setup
- Node Setup
- Dissecting your first Chef run
- Introducing the Node object
- Chef resources and recipes
- Attributes, templates, and cookbook dependencies
- Template variables, notifications, and controlling idempotency
- Recipe inclusion, data bags, and search roles
- Using community cookbooks
- Further resources
More details can be found at http://www.getchef.com/blog/event/2-day-chef-fundamentals-london-uk-3/
The event takes place next Wednesday and Thursday (August 19 & 20) in London.
To win the place simply enter your name into the prize draw box at tomorrows meetup (12/08/14) and the lucky winner will be drawn at the end of the evening. If you're not already coming then please add your name to the waitlist and we'll let you know if any places become available http://leedsdevops-august-14.eventbrite.co.uk/
Please note the prize doesn't include travel or accommodation and is available only to attendees of the event. It's not transferable, has no cash value, judges decision is final etc, etc.